One of the largest urban areas in the country, this is a city in the North Island of New Zealand. This city is classified as Beta plus World city for its importance in education, arts and commerce. The largest university in Auckland, the University of Auckland was established in 1883. Despite being one of the most expensive cities of the world, this is one of the most livable cities in the world.
Auckland has an Oceanic climate with mild damp winters and warm humid summers. The maximum temperature is 23 degree C in February and 14.7 degree C in July. Snowfall in Auckland is extremely rare.
Best destinations in Auckland:
- Auckland Sky Tower: This is New Zealands highest building and most prominent landmark of this city. For the lovers of Sky Towers visitors, it is more than a view. It is renowned for the thrill-seeking opportunity and can also base-jump off the platform on a sky jump.
- Waite Mata Harbour: This divides Auckland into two and so it is the most prominent natural feature.
- Auckland Art Gallery: It is the most inspiring cultural site and is home to the most extensive art collection with more than 15000 artworks on display. On the ground floor of this art gallery, you can find New Zealand collection which showcases the work of early European settlers of New Zealand.
- Waiheke Island: This is the most popular destination to visit. Thriving caf cultures and art galleries can be found on the island's village. Plenty of white sand beaches are hosted by the coast. If you want to experience a challenging hike, an excellent three-hour walk can be done by you to Church Bay Circuit that showcases the best part of Island.
- Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium: If the families are looking for a perfect destination to visit, then this aquarium is the best place as it allows you to get close and personal with the life under the water. Aquatic life can be observed with the aquarium which is devoted to stingray, sharks and tropical fish.
Best time to visit:
The best months to enjoy your holidays in Auckland are from March to May and mid-Septembe and November. Pleasant temperatures are offered by these months, generally sunny days (eliminating May) and thin tourist crowds.
The Food you should try in Auckland:
- Hangi: This involves vegetable and meat in an underground oven. This food is prepared on some special occasion.
- Crayfish: Crayfish, which is known as Lobster is the pride of fishermen and divers. It is not exactly affordable food. It is worth a try.
- Hokey Pokey ice-cream: Hokey pokey ice cream is preferred by Kiwis over anything. If you want to try only one ice-cream in New Zealand, then try Hokey Pokey.
At Traveldiscount.uk, you can find varied offers and packages related to your vacation and all that you need. Our dedicated staff is present to help you out in case you face any discrepancy and is available always to help you with your bookings.