Brisbane is the most populated city as well as the capital of the Australian state of Queensland. This is one of the oldest cities in Australia. This city is named after the Brisbane river on which it is located. It is because of the distinct Queensland architecture that this city is known for. This city is a popular tourist destination which serves as a gateway to the state of Queensland.
Humid Subtropical climate is found in Brisbane where summers are hot and wet whereas winters are moderately warm and dry. The Annual mean minimum temperature of 16.6 degree C and maximum of 26.6 degree C can be found in Brisbane which makes this city as Australia's second hottest city after Darwin. The maximum temperature of 26.6 degree C can be found in the months from October to April.
Thunderstorms are common from November to March in Brisbane. On average, Brisbane experience 124 clear days. Dew point in the summers average around 20 degree C and therefore the temperature exceeds 30 degree C on all the summer days.
Finest Destinations to visit in Brisbane:
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary : Cuddling a koala is an essential experience and this sanctuary is the best place to mark this down off your wish list. Other Australian animals like wombats, wallabies, snakes, crocodiles and kangaroos live in this sanctuary. You can also take a snap of you holding a snake or baby crocodile.
- The cultural Precinct : This destination is a family-friendly destination for a day-out and is also a host of galleries, museum, and performance venues. Award-winning architecture adds to its beauty and you can do plenty of things here with your family. Queensland Museum and Sciencentre's Interactive exhibits keep the kids entertained. The Queensland Performing Arts Centre stages the world-class performance of Ballet and Opera to contemporary music concerts and comedy shows.
- Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Arts : Two adjacent yet contrasting building along the waterfront is occupied by the free and excellent Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Arts. To display more than 1700 works of art from around the world especially the Pacific, Australia and Asia is their main focus. Animated conversation is sure to spark between art lovers here. You can say that the art is award-winning and the glass-encased building makes a statement.
- South Bank It is with the Promenades, plazas and the parklands that the South bank is filled with. You can work out at the free fitness classes, you can also visit Epicurious garden and strolling and biking along the trails. The Wheel of Brisbane is the top tourist attraction here which offers 10-12 minutes ride with a beautiful view of the city and river during the night and day.
- River Cruises : City Cat is the most exciting and scenic way to travel around Brisbane. Starting from the beautiful University of Brisbane to North Shore, the route takes in riverside mansions, parklands, industrial sites.
Shopping in Brisbane:
Brisbane has a market culture that is ever-growing with everything from showing vintage fashion to the farmers who are selling organic and ethnic produce.