One of the most packed cities of the Australian state of Victoria, Melbourne is the second most populous city in Australia and Oceania. The city was founded in 1835 and was declared a city in 1847 by Queen Victoria. This city is the second most livable city in the world based on its ranking in tourism, entertainment and sports as well as health care, education.
A temperate Oceanic climate is found in Melbourne with cool winters and warm to hot summers. This city is known for its weather condition that is always changeable. It is because it is situated on the boundary of the cool Southern Ocean and hot inland areas. The temperature of dew point in summers ranges from 9.5 degree C to 11.7 degree C.The average temperature of the sea in September is 14.6 degree C while in February, it reaches to 18.8 degree C.
Best Destinations to visit in Melbourne:
- Federation Square: Earlier Federation square divided Melburnians. Some people loved it and others hated it. It has become an integral part of the city and also a great place for tourists for sightseeing purpose.
- Southbank and Arts Centre Melbourne: Located on the banks of Yarra river, this area is totally filled with cultural attractions. This is filled with outdoor/ indoor restaurants, cafes and live entertainment. Art and craft market are held every Sunday. This place is home to many of the festivals throughout the year. A range of spaces and theatres is incorporated by the Arts Centre.
- City Circle Tram Tour: Trams are said to be a big part of the s public transport system and so City Circle tram offers tourists an easy and free way of seeing the CBD. This tram passes many grand historic buildings which include the old Treasury building, Parliament house, Windsor hotel and Princess Theatre. It is after every 12 minutes that tram runs and 50 minutes are taken by it to complete the entire loop.
- Immigration Museum: This museum is located in the Old Customs House and it tells the real stories of people from all over the world. It is now called Melbourne Home. The permanent collection of this museum is interactive and engaging. s appeal is added by the special exhibitions. A different perspective of early European settlement is provided to every visitor as every person who arrives here has to pass through customs. MuseumMelbourne
Best time to visit in Melbourne:
Springtime i.e. from September to November as well as the Autumn time (March to May), are considered as the best time to visit Melbourne. In these months, Melbourne experiences pleasant weather and so you can easily explore the city and enjoy picnics. You can also prefer bike rides, beautiful parks and barbeques.
What all you can do in Melbourne:
- Sip Cocktail at Rooftop Bar: You can enjoy your drinks at rooftop bars while enjoying the view. You can enjoy sunsets while having your drink in your hand. Local favourite are Naked in the sky in Fitzroy, antique Madame Brussels and rooftop bars gracing Curtin House in the city centre.
- Relish sweet treats on Acland streets: After taking the ride of a roller coaster at historic Luna Park, you can enjoy the sweet treats at the continental cake shops at Acland Street or a slice of baked cheesecakes at Europa Cakeshop.
- Shopping at your best: : This city is renowned for its market which sells different art and craft material and vintage fashion. You can also visit the South Melbourne Market and can enjoy street-style Mexican food.